Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula claimed on Thursday that it had shot down a U.S. spy plane after the terror operation against its members in south Yemen in late 2009.
In its monthly periodical issued by the Sada Almalhim Corporation, the group also denied that the raid that took place in Rafadh district in southern Shabwa province targeted Abu Basir Al-Wuhaishi and his deputy Abu Sufyan Al-Ozdi along with preacher Anwar Al-Awlaki.
Official statements about this were lies and aimed at slighting the people, the group said.
However, the group admitted the killing of some of its members including Abu Musab Muhammad Umair Al-Kalwai Al-Awlaki in Shabwa and Noor Al-Din Bin Al-Sheikh Muhammad Al-Haniq in Arhab, Sana'a.
It said other four who had no links to Al-Qaeda were killed as well in terror raids last year.
Abdullah Al-Mehdhar was also killed in Shabwa when he clashed with security forces that raided his place in Maifa'a district, the group said, adding that though Al-Mehdhar was an elderly, he was never seen without an explosive belt around his body.
Four soldiers were killed in the raid.
On the airstrike on Al-Qaeda suspects in Alajashir area between Saada and Jawf provinces, the group said that it did not meet the target but there were some injuries among its members.
Qasim Al-Raimi, a most wanted Al-Qaeda leader, who was mainly targeted by the strike, was not hurt, the group said.