Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions :: Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen :: JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen :: Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments :: Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold :: Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city :: New Saudi envoy reveals aid to Yemen as kingdom warns of threats :: Houthi militants committed 52 violations against media in month, Foundation says :: At least 20 Houthis killed in clashes, car bomb in AQAP stronghold :: Yemenis give Houthi militants 48 hours to leave port city of Hodeida ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 08:49:11 PM GMT(+03) Friday, 03, December, 2010
 
 

Houthi Group Builds Checkpoints after Deadly Car Bomb Blasts

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

The Houthi Group has been setting up new checkpoints in Jawf province to inspect cars after a deadly car-bomb killed and injured many of its followers while they were on way to mark Day of Al-Ghadir.

Some 15 checkpoints were built in the areas of Al-Motoun, Al-Zahir where the blast took place, and Al-Matama, tribal sources have said.

In the meantime, the UN has voiced concern about possible sectarian conflict in northern Yemen after two car bomb attacks in November targeted Houthis in Jawf and Saada provinces.

The UN said on its website IRIN its concern was based on local reports highlighting rising tensions between the group and Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula which claimed responsibility for the attacks.

AQAP said the attacks had been carried out by newly-formed special units to defend the Sunnis.

These units are also responsible for eradicating 'the malice' Shias, mainly Rafidah sect, have planted in northern Yemen, it said.

The UN also said that the Houthi Group had arrested some people it suspected they were Al-Qaeda members.

Last month, two car bomb blasts targeted Houthi convoys: one in Jawf on its way to celebrate Eid Al-Ghadir, and the second while on its way to show respect at a funeral in Saada.

About 27 Houthis were killed and almost a dozen others were wounded in the bombings.

Before AQAP emerged to say it was behind the attacks, Houthis accused the U.S. and Israeli intelligence agencies of orchestrating the Jawf blast and accused the U.S. mission in Sana'a, namely U.S. envoy Gerald Michael Feierstein, of involvement in the Saada blast.

Feierstein gave money to tribal leaders during his visits to some northern areas including Amran to carry out the attack, the Houthi information bureau claimed.

In response, the U.S. embassy condemned the attacks against innocents, as it dismissed the Houthi accusations as ridiculous and baseless.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions
Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen
JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen
Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments
Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold
Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city
New Saudi envoy reveals aid to Yemen as kingdom warns of threats
Houthi militants committed 52 violations against media in month, Foundation says
At least 20 Houthis killed in clashes, car bomb in AQAP stronghold
Yemenis give Houthi militants 48 hours to leave port city of Hodeida
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions
 Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen
 JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen
 Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments
 Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold
 Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink