The former Attorney-General Abdullah Al-Olfi has said t that he was fired by the former president Ali Abdullah Saleh before the investigations of Al-Karama Friday (Friday of Dignity) were completed.
In remarks to an Emeriti newspaper, Al-Khaleej, Al-Olfi said he was fired after he threatened to resign in case the defendants of the massacre were not arrested.
Al-Olfi further said that the Public Prosecution did not face any pressures whether by the First Armored Division headed by the defected General Ali Mohsin Saleh or the then- opposition and the ruling party, stressing that the prosecution embarked on its investigation professionally.
He further said that the prosecution took many procedures regarding the investigations, affirming that it visited the crime scene as well as hospitals where the casualties of Al-Karama Friday were transferred.
Sources of the Public Prosecution office said that 79 persons had been charged with the killing and injuring of a number of citizens inside the Change Square existed before Sana’a University.
Prime Minister Mohammad Salem Basindowa accused on Sunday the former president Ali Abdullah Saleh of committing the crime of Al-Karama Friday on which forces loyal to Saleh killed dozens protesters and injured hundreds others.
On a ceremony marking the annual anniversary of Al-Karama Friday held on Sunday, Basindowa affirmed that the events of Al-Karama Friday pushed many Yemeni officials to denounce the massacre, pointing out that some military divisions declared their support to the revolution.
Families of Al-Karama revealed on Sunday that four lawsuits had been filed against former president Ali Abdullah Saleh and some of his aides before international courts.