Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Transition at stake as Benomar warns "Yemen is in the most worrying situation" :: Hadi calls for media code of ethics in Yemen :: Battles continue with pro-government fighters and Houthis in Jawf :: YDF targeted 100 orphans in Sanaa :: GCC Foreign Ministers to discuss developments in Yemen Saturday :: Violent Clashes Between Houthis and Al-Jawf Tribesmen in northern Yemen :: Houthis Broke all deals, Hadi Says :: UN Envoy says Yemen passes through "most disturbing situation" as he ends visit :: Pilot dies after Yemeni warplane crashes :: Hadi attacks rebels as Houthi threatens of hardest escalation in capital ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 09:00:53 PM GMT(+03) Saturday, 07, April, 2012
 
 

After attack against power lines, Sana'a in total darkness

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Darkness retuned again to Sana'a on Saturday after power lines linking between the Capital Sana'a and the remote governorate of Marib were subjected to six attacks, local sources affirmed.
According to BBC correspondent in Yemen, the attacks were carried out by armed men affiliated to the former president Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The disruption of power lines came after President Abdu-Rabo Mansour Hadi issued decrees that dismissed senior military commanders loyal to Saleh, including his half-brother Mohammad Saleh Al-Ahmar, and his nephew Tariq Mohammad Abdullah Saleh.
Minister of Electricity Saleh Sumai'a has revealed last week that Saleh was behind the attacks against power lines, asking the witnesses of the GCC-brokered power transfer deal to put pressures on him to leave Yemen.
He pointed out that the electricity shortage had led to a widespread popular refusal to settle all related bills as people felt they were being cheated by the government and forced to allocate large sums of money towards alternative methods of power.
Meanwhile, Director-General of the Public Electricity Corporation Khalid Rashid said in a press conference on Saturday that the attacks carried out against electricity lines in the past months cost YR 33 million.
He made it clear that the lines were subjected to 144 attacks in 2011, voicing concerns about the continuity of attacks.
The Yemeni capital has been living in darkness for the last year due to the halt of the Marib gas-operated station that was subjected to sabotage acts.
Electricity crisis had led to the paralysis of factories, laboratories, workshops and many service sectors, pushing further Yemenis to unemployment.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Transition at stake as Benomar warns "Yemen is in the most worrying situation"
Hadi calls for media code of ethics in Yemen
Battles continue with pro-government fighters and Houthis in Jawf
YDF targeted 100 orphans in Sanaa
Violent Clashes Between Houthis and Al-Jawf Tribesmen in northern Yemen
Houthis Broke all deals, Hadi Says
UN Envoy says Yemen passes through "most disturbing situation" as he ends visit
Pilot dies after Yemeni warplane crashes
Hadi attacks rebels as Houthi threatens of hardest escalation in capital
Yemen receives two Bagram prisoners: HOOD
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Transition at stake as Benomar warns "Yemen is in the most worrying situation"
 Hadi calls for media code of ethics in Yemen
 Battles continue with pro-government fighters and Houthis in Jawf
  YDF targeted 100 orphans in Sanaa
 GCC Foreign Ministers to discuss developments in Yemen Saturday
 Violent Clashes Between Houthis and Al-Jawf Tribesmen in northern Yemen
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink