Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Yemen FM warns - security is one of the main challenges facing Yemen :: Death of New Zealander in drone strike generates controversy :: Al Qaeda sends clear warning to US and its allies :: Yemen porous borders with Saudi Arabia :: Security campaign kicks off in Hajjah :: Al-Qaeda assassinate high ranking official in al-Baydha :: Yemen’s first constitutional draft to be ready within four months :: Saudi border guard is gunned down near Yemeni border :: Foreign doctor is kidnapped in Yemen :: Wanted Suspect Farook Abdulhak Illegally Issued 2nd Identity in Yemen ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 11:23:25 PM GMT(+03) Tuesday, 12, June, 2012
 
 

Al-Qaida Confirms Fall of Strongholds in Yemen, Says 'Withdrew to Prevent Shedding Blood'

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

The Sharia Supporters, the offshoot of Yemen Al-Qaida, on Tuesday confirmed the fall of their key strongholds of Zinjibar and Jaar in south Yemen, saying in a statement of which Almasdar Online got a copy, its militants had withdrawn to avoid shedding the blood of Muslims.
After months of battles in Abyan, the defense ministry said the army has finally cleared Al-Qaida militants from all towns in this southern province including the capital Zinjibar, which were seized in mid-2011.
"Our fighters withdrew from Zinjibar amid fears the government forces might repeat their crime of destroying the whole city and displacing its people, which occurred last year," the website quoted the statement as saying.
In the meantime, the defense ministry has said the forces have started the golden swords operation to hunt and clear all militants from Abyan, including the areas to where militants fled the battles in the past few days.
The statement, however, denied that the militants withdrew from Jaar after battles with the forces, saying the withdrawal started before the government forces could arrive in this strategic city, according to the website.
Earlier today, Al-Qaida militants distributed publications while leaving Jaar, saying they never wanted to disturb the locals and that their withdrawal came to prevent possible attacks against the civilians, the website said.
With direct support from the US and tribal fighters, the army stepped few months ago the offensive against Al-Qaida militants killing and injuring hundreds of them including senior leaders.

 

 
 
 
    - Ads- مادة إعلانية
  BY: Shaher Abdulhak Saleh
 
مبادرة: معا لتأييد ونشر الخير في اليمن
لنشر حملاتكم التي تبث في مصلحة الخير لليمن يرجى التواصل مع
شاهر عبدالحق صالح على العنوان التالي
together.good.yemen@gmail.com
 
Initiative: together to support and spread the good in Yemen
To publish your campaigns, which broadcasts in the interest of the good of Yemen please communicate with Shaher Abdulhak Saleh at the following address:
together.good.yemen@gmail.com

 

 

   

YEMEN POST STAFF
*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Yemen FM warns - security is one of the main challenges facing Yemen
Death of New Zealander in drone strike generates controversy
Al Qaeda sends clear warning to US and its allies
Yemen porous borders with Saudi Arabia
Security campaign kicks off in Hajjah
Al-Qaeda assassinate high ranking official in al-Baydha
Yemen’s first constitutional draft to be ready within four months
Saudi border guard is gunned down near Yemeni border
Foreign doctor is kidnapped in Yemen
Wanted Suspect Farook Abdulhak Illegally Issued 2nd Identity in Yemen
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Yemen FM warns - security is one of the main challenges facing Yemen
 Death of New Zealander in drone strike generates controversy
 Al Qaeda sends clear warning to US and its allies
 Yemen porous borders with Saudi Arabia
 Security campaign kicks off in Hajjah
 Al-Qaeda assassinate high ranking official in al-Baydha
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink