Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Clarification on the CSR Program of 2014 in Block 10 Concession Area :: Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen :: Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office :: Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government :: Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions :: Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen :: JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen :: Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments :: Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold :: Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 06:48:48 PM GMT(+03) Wednesday, 13, June, 2012
 
 

Warplanes strike al-Qaeda hideouts in Shabwa, 27 militants killed

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Yemeni aircrafts stroke on Wednesday Ansar al-Sharia-- al-Qaeda affiliate in the country--hideouts in the southeastern province of Shabwa, killing at least 27 militants including leading figures, local sources said.

The sources said that government warplanes launched some airstrikes targeting the militant's whereabouts in Azan town, al-Qaeda stronghold, and in al-Hota, the provincial capital.

The sources said that dozens of the al-Qaeda-linked militants were in the building when it was bombed, leaving at least 27 of them killed. Also, rumors circulating around the province indicated that the building was used as a laboratory for making explosives.

A senior security officer confirmed that senior al-Qaeda leaders were among those killed in the airstrikes.

However, the terror network denied in a statement posted on Facebook that some militants were killed in the bombing. It said that the airstrikes were conducted by US drones; not by Yemeni air force.

The militant group said that the airstrikes targeted a house that belongs to a citizen from Azan, destroying the house and damaging a nearby mosque.

According to the statement, no victims have fallen as a result to the airstrikes.

In the meantime, the clashes between the army troops and al-Qaeda militant are still ongoing in Shaqra area of Abyan, after the militants were driven out yesterday of the their biggest strongholds: Zinjubar, the provincial capital of Abyan, and Ja'ar.


The army's victory is considered the biggest so far since the terrorist organization took advantage of the unrest and seized huge swaths of land in the south last year.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen
Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office
Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government
Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions
Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen
JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen
Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments
Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold
Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city
New Saudi envoy reveals aid to Yemen as kingdom warns of threats
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Clarification on the CSR Program of 2014 in Block 10 Concession Area
 Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen
 Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office
 Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government
 Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions
 Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink