An Emarati newspaper, Al-Khaleej, has revealed that a committee tasked with reconstructing the Yemeni army in collaboration with American experts is to hand over a plan to President Abdu Rabo Mansour Hadi before the middle of August.
Well-informed sources told Al-Khaleej that the plan will be implemented under supervision of the international community, affirming that it will put an end to the division of the army and security services.
They further said that the plan will be implemented simultaneously with a package with decrees that will merge the military and security units.
Meanwhile, Yemeni protesters organized on Thursday evening a march before the residency of Hadi, demanding him to swiftly reorganize the army and dismiss relatives of the former president Ali Abdullah Saleh who still run military and security forces.
In a speech delivered on Wednesday to cadets of the War College, Hadi affirmed that the army shake up on the bases of national principals will lead to stability and security of Yemen.
He indicated that the situation in Yemen got better, confirming that some political forces do not know realities in Yemen and singling out that Yemen still faces economic, political and security crises.
Hadi reaffirmed that he will hunt the terrorists anywhere in Yemen, appreciating victories made by the army in Zinjibar, Jaar and other regions of Abyan.
He said that the war against Al-Qaeda does not start so far, emphasizing that the army will dislodge all Yemen of militants.