Yemen's security authorities have detected about 20 explosive belts that could have been used in suicide bombings, local sources said on Wednesday.
Mayor of the capital Sana'a Abdul-Qader Hilal affirmed that the police detected last week bombs and explosive belts in a shop in Al-Qadysia street.
He spelt out that the belts were discovered after a suicide bomber exploded himself in a market in late July.
He affirmed that the police found out that the bomber was planning to carry out a terrorist operation that was designed to raise instability in Sana'a, hinting that residents contributed in foiling the conspiracy.
Al-Qaeda carried out a number of terrorist attacks in Sana'a, and the most deadliest one was carried out against a military parade rehearsal that killed about 100 soldiers in May.
Since its defeat in June, Al-Qaeda militants have claimed responsibility for deadly attacks in Sana'a and other cities that targeted military and security chiefs, personnel, cadets and offices.
The authorities have defused many bombs near key security and private installations in recent weeks.
About 45 Yemenis were killed and dozens others were wounded as Ansar Al-Shariah attacked a rally of the Popular Resistance Committees in Abyan.
Yemeni analysts say that hat Ansar al-Shariah is no longer to engage in direct clashes with the army or carry out operations against sensitive facilities and it resorted to carry out such accessible attacks.
Rajeh Badi, an advisor of Primer Mohammad Salem Basindwa, said Al-Qaeda restarted its attacks to show that it is still able to carry out operations anywhere and in any time.