Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture By 2015, closed door meetings for Yemen President Abdurabu Hadi will be limited.... Foreign embassy searches not ruled out....Foreign censorship halted..... Yemenis linked with foreign intelligence hunted for.  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Military tanks deployed in Taiz :: UN calls for immediate ceasefire in Yemen :: Al-Qaeda seizes ports amid Yemen unrest :: Deal reached after clashes in Taiz :: Security Council approves Yemen resolution :: Yemen LNG declares force majeure :: Energy projects halted in Yemen :: Houthis reject decree for Vice President :: Arab coalition continues raids in Yemen :: Houthis launch Marib battle amid continued unrest ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 09:22:15 PM GMT(+03) Friday, 16, November, 2012
 
 

3 Pro-Government Militiamen Killed in Yemen, State Media

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

At least three pro-government militiamen were killed and five others injured after an Al-Qaeda suicide bomber blew himself up inside a government office in Yemen's southern province of Abyan on Friday, state media said.

The September 26 website quoted locals in the capital Zinjibar of Abyan as saying the bomber detonated his explosive belt in the old local government office targeting the members of the pro-government popular resistance committees.

"Three were killed immediately and five others were critically hurt," they said.

Since the Yemeni army launched a US-backed offensive and drove Al-Qaeda militants out of their strongholds in Abyan and Shabwa provinces earlier this year, militants of AQAP and its offshoot, the Ansar Al-Sharia, have been carrying out sporadic deadly suicide bombings targeting military and security commanders and pro-government militias.

The bombings have been reported in Abyan and other main cities including the capital Sanaa which saw the deadliest ever suicide attacks this year.

Today's attack comes as many families of those which were displaced by the battles last year have started to return to their homes and villages in Abyan.

In addition to Al-Qaeda attacks, explosions of landmines, which were planted by militants, have killed scores of civilians and troops.

 

 

 

 


YEMEN POST STAFF

 

 
 
 
    - Ads- مادة إعلانية
  BY: Shaher Abdulhak Saleh
 
مبادرة: معا لتأييد ونشر الخير في اليمن
لنشر حملاتكم التي تبث في مصلحة الخير لليمن يرجى التواصل مع
شاهر عبدالحق صالح على العنوان التالي
together.good.yemen@gmail.com
 
Initiative: together to support and spread the good in Yemen
To publish your campaigns, which broadcasts in the interest of the good of Yemen please communicate with Shaher Abdulhak Saleh at the following address:
together.good.yemen@gmail.com

 

 

   
*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
UN calls for immediate ceasefire in Yemen
Al-Qaeda seizes ports amid Yemen unrest
Deal reached after clashes in Taiz
Security Council approves Yemen resolution
Yemen LNG declares force majeure
Energy projects halted in Yemen
Houthis reject decree for Vice President
Arab coalition continues raids in Yemen
Houthis launch Marib battle amid continued unrest
Tens killed as Yemen violence widens
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print Freinedly Version
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 UN calls for immediate ceasefire in Yemen
 Al-Qaeda seizes ports amid Yemen unrest
 Deal reached after clashes in Taiz
 Security Council approves Yemen resolution
 Yemen LNG declares force majeure
 Energy projects halted in Yemen
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2015    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink