Yemen's former president Ali Abdullah Saleh will lead his party's representation delegation to a comprehensive dialogue conference that will be held in early next year under the West-backed power-transfer deal, Almotamar reported on Monday.
Under the deal signed in late 2011 after months of unrest, Saleh relinquished power to his deputy after 33 years in office in return for full immunity for him and his aides from prosecution and for half of the power-sharing government.
"Saleh has postponed his travel to abroad for checkups and continuing treatment to after the dialogue," Saleh's information office said in the statement.
Saleh got severe injuries in a rocket attack on his palace when the popular uprising against his rule escalated last year and he has since undergone several surgeries.
The statement said President Abdrabu Mansour Hadi will chair the dialogue conference in his capacity as the state head and the first officers in all parties shall chair their delegate committee to ensure a productive sessions of dialogue.
Yemen has been preparing for the dialogue conference for several months. In the past few days the technical committee on the preparation submitted its final report on what it has accomplished so far.
The committee has started a new stage of meeting after President prolonged the time for it to complete all arrangements for the dialogue.