Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture By 2015, closed door meetings for Yemen President Abdurabu Hadi will be limited.... Foreign embassy searches not ruled out....Foreign censorship halted..... Yemenis linked with foreign intelligence hunted for.  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Houthis launch new scud on Saudi Arabia-TV :: 600 soldiers trained by Saudi Arabia arrive in Yemen :: Fresh car bombing hits Yemen capital :: Syndicate warns of ongoing abuse of reporters by Houthis :: Government says Aden port attack unprecedented war crime :: UN deep concern about civilians amid ongoing conflict in Yemen :: 586 die of dengue fever in Yemen :: Houthis attack Aden refinery :: Arab coalition intensifies Yemen raids :: One killed in Saba news agency bombing ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 09:06:06 PM GMT(+03) Monday, 14, January, 2013
 
 

Yemen Tries Ten Suspects on Parade Rehearsal Suicide Bombing

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

The specialized penal court started on Monday the trial of ten suspects accused of involvement in the bombing that killed and injured scores of central security soldiers while performing a military parade rehearsal in the Sabeen Square in downtown in Yemen’s capital Sanaa in May 2011.
The court accused the suspects of forming an Al-Qaeda-linked cell which attacked and planned to target security and military installations as well as soldiers and foreigners.
The accusation included the suspects were well-prepared with guns and explosives to assassin and carry out suicide bombings and that they received funds for their operations.
Samir Khalid Ali Hamoud Al-Sahib confessed he had been assigned by one of Al-Qaeda leaders, known as Khawlan, to detonate a car bomb at the US embassy but he convinced himself and stopped the operation at the last moment.
“Then my fellow Haitham Hamid Mufarah was ordered to carry out the suicide bombing at the military parade rehearsal in the Al-Sabeen Square,” he said, adding that Mufarah was recruited by Al-Qaeda.
The hearing was adjourned to next money when the remaining suspects are expected to face accusations.
The bombing, which killed and injured about 171 central security soldiers on May 21, 2011, was part of a series of Al-Qaeda deadly suicide attacks last year.

 

 

 

 


Yemen Post Staff
*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Houthis launch new scud on Saudi Arabia-TV
Syndicate warns of ongoing abuse of reporters by Houthis
Fresh car bombing hits Yemen capital
Government says Aden port attack unprecedented war crime
600 soldiers trained by Saudi Arabia arrive in Yemen
UN deep concern about civilians amid ongoing conflict in Yemen
Houthis attack Aden refinery
586 die of dengue fever in Yemen
Arab coalition intensifies Yemen raids
One killed in Saba news agency bombing
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print Freinedly Version
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Houthis launch new scud on Saudi Arabia-TV
 Syndicate warns of ongoing abuse of reporters by Houthis
 Fresh car bombing hits Yemen capital
 Government says Aden port attack unprecedented war crime
 600 soldiers trained by Saudi Arabia arrive in Yemen
 UN deep concern about civilians amid ongoing conflict in Yemen
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

Sabafon

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2015    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink