Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture By 2015, closed door meetings for Yemen President Abdurabu Hadi will be limited.... Foreign embassy searches not ruled out....Foreign censorship halted..... Yemenis linked with foreign intelligence hunted for.  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES UN meetings discuss Yemen peace, sanctions on transition obstructionists :: Yemen releases eight hostages, one foreigner, from Al-Qaeda :: Yemen court denies judicial measures against Sabafon :: Al-Qaeda says killed 23 Houthi militants in chaotic Yemen :: First crowd funding campaign in Yemen by the hand off Mobile School :: Hadi reinstates, promotes 8009 officers, soldiers from south :: Yemen on high alert to face infiltration of Shabab terrorists :: Houthi militants kick out Deputy Information Minister in Yemen :: Son of Yemen's President funds 21 news websites from public money :: Yemen officially including Houthi militants within forces ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 09:19:02 PM GMT(+03) Monday, 04, February, 2013
 
 

Saudi Arabia seeks Saeed al-Shehri's widow repatriation

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Officials in Yemen confirmed Saudi Arabia demanded that Saeed al-Shehri's widow be returned to Saudi Arabia. As a result the Yemeni authorities, which issued an arrest warrant against her person announced they would allow her to be extradited back to Saudi Arabia if she gives herself up to the authorities.

Saeed al-Shehri, al-Qaeda's former deputy in Yemen and Saudi national was reported killed in an airstrike on January 22sd, 2012.

Having been identified as a terrorist by U.S intelligence services, al-Shehri was arrested in December 2001 in Pakistan, near the Afghani border and immediately transferred to U.S-run Guantanamo Bay detention camp in Cuba. He remained imprisoned there for six years before being allowed back to his homeland, Saudi Arabia.

Upon his arrival he was enrolled in a rehabilitation and reintegration center for Islamic extremists.

In 2009 he traveled to Yemen where he resumed his terror activities as deputy leader of al-Qaeda.

The elusive terror militants was several times reported dead or captured by the Yemeni authorities only to be declared "at large" several weeks later.

On January 19, 2010 Yemen officials announced to the world al-Shehri had been captured and was now in custody. On February 22, 2010 the release of an audio recording established contrary to previous he remained at large.

In September 2012, released a statement in which they advanced al-Shehri had been killed in a U.S-led drone strike. Less then a week later, Yemeni officials told the press DNA test established al-Qaeda's most wanted had not indeed perished in the attack. While the authorities argued back and forth on the veracity of the allegations and reports, it was soon clear al-Shehri had once again eluded the authorities.

Finally, on January 22, 2013 officials confirmed al-Qaeda deputy had succumbed from wounds he sustained in 2012 drone attack.

Now that his grave has been located and identified the authorities will now send a DNA sample to Saudi Arabia for identification, putting to rest speculations.

 

 

 

 


YEMEN POST STAFF

 

 
 
 
    - Ads- مادة إعلانية
  BY: Shaher Abdulhak Saleh
 
مبادرة: معا لتأييد ونشر الخير في اليمن
لنشر حملاتكم التي تبث في مصلحة الخير لليمن يرجى التواصل مع
شاهر عبدالحق صالح على العنوان التالي
together.good.yemen@gmail.com
 
Initiative: together to support and spread the good in Yemen
To publish your campaigns, which broadcasts in the interest of the good of Yemen please communicate with Shaher Abdulhak Saleh at the following address:
together.good.yemen@gmail.com

 

 

   
*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
UN meetings discuss Yemen peace, sanctions on transition obstructionists
Yemen releases eight hostages, one foreigner, from Al-Qaeda
Al-Qaeda says killed 23 Houthi militants in chaotic Yemen
First crowd funding campaign in Yemen by the hand off Mobile School
Hadi reinstates, promotes 8009 officers, soldiers from south
Yemen on high alert to face infiltration of Shabab terrorists
Yemen officially including Houthi militants within forces
Houthi militants kick out Deputy Information Minister in Yemen
Son of Yemen's President funds 21 news websites from public money
Militants threatens Yemen's Hadi as they prepare to invade oil-rich Marib
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Houthis and Foreign Policy Changes in Yemen (2015 & Beyond)
 Integration of Houthi militias within Yemen forces "helpful" if all are dissolved, disarmed first
 UN meetings discuss Yemen peace, sanctions on transition obstructionists
 Yemen releases eight hostages, one foreigner, from Al-Qaeda
 Yemen court denies judicial measures against Sabafon
 Al-Qaeda says killed 23 Houthi militants in chaotic Yemen
 First crowd funding campaign in Yemen by the hand off Mobile School
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink