Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES At least 20 Houthis killed in clashes, car bomb in AQAP stronghold :: Yemenis give Houthi militants 48 hours to leave port city of Hodeida :: Battles between tribes, Houthi militants erupt in central Yemen :: Fierce battles between AQAP, Houthi militants continue in Yemen :: Militants smoothly expand presence in Yemen :: Military officer shot dead in first targeted killing after fall of capital to militants :: Zaidi, AQAP militants fight as Iran-backed Houthis continue to extend presence in Yemen :: Press Release: UN missed opportunity to avert violence in Yemen :: Security Council concerned over transition as militants seize one more city in Yemen :: Yemen in intensive talks with donors in Washington ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 10:43:24 PM GMT(+03) Monday, 04, February, 2013
 
 

Battles between Salafists, Shiites Renew in Northern Yemen, Site

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Battles between the Salafists and the Shiite Houthi Group in northern Yemen renewed on Monday and there have been reports of deaths from both sides, Almasdar Online reported quoting local sources.
The battles erupted after Houthi followers stopped Salafists at a checkpoint in the Ashash area in Saada province, it said.
“Argument between Salafists and Shiites at the checkpoint turned into violence and firing and shelling followed,” the sources said, adding, “but there has been no precise number of victims from both sides”, according to the website.
A website run by the Houthi Group confirmed the incident saying one was killed and others injured, Almasdar added.
The Salafist were four including two unarmed people and after the incident Houthis dispatched more fighters and arrested the unarmed, it said, pointing out the other two Salafists fought back from inside a watch room adjacent to the checkpoint.
“The Houthis shelled the room with rockets killing those inside,” the website said.
Since the popular uprising erupted in early 2011 leading to a power vacuum in many parts of Yemen, the Saudi-backed Salafists and Iranian-backed Shiites in Saada have fought several times, with many fighters from both sides killed and injured.
The latest battles in mid-last year were ceased through tribal mediation and government intervention.
 

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
At least 20 Houthis killed in clashes, car bomb in AQAP stronghold
Yemenis give Houthi militants 48 hours to leave port city of Hodeida
Battles between tribes, Houthi militants erupt in central Yemen
Fierce battles between AQAP, Houthi militants continue in Yemen
Militants smoothly expand presence in Yemen
Military officer shot dead in first targeted killing after fall of capital to militants
Zaidi, AQAP militants fight as Iran-backed Houthis continue to extend presence in Yemen
Security Council concerned over transition as militants seize one more city in Yemen
Press Release: UN missed opportunity to avert violence in Yemen
Yemen in intensive talks with donors in Washington
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 At least 20 Houthis killed in clashes, car bomb in AQAP stronghold
 Yemenis give Houthi militants 48 hours to leave port city of Hodeida
 Political groups, foreign supporters involved in deepening chaos in Yemen
 Battles between tribes, Houthi militants erupt in central Yemen
 Fierce battles between AQAP, Houthi militants continue in Yemen
 Militants smoothly expand presence in Yemen
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink