Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Families flee homes in Yemen capital as bodies of soldiers lay on roads :: U.N. sanctions committee on alert amid intensifying violence in Yemen :: WB gives Yemen $3 million to develop higher education quality :: Battles between Yemeni forces, Zaidi militants expand amid talks :: Yemeni female, Arwa Othman, wins Alison Des Forges Award :: Yemen police arrest two kids promoting hashish at wedding party :: Yemen launches "implement dialog's outcomes" campaign :: Zaidi group erects a fifth camp for its militants outside Yemen capital :: Hadi: All Yemenis look forward to end to crisis :: Attacks on crude pipes blamed for continued drop in Yemen oil revenue ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 11:43:02 PM GMT(+03) Sunday, 24, February, 2013
 
 

Security Chief, Bodyguard Shot Dead in Yemen

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Unknown gunmen shot dead a Yemeni security chief and his bodyguard in Baidha province on Sunday as part of an uncontrolled of assassination campaign targeting military and security officers in many parts of the republic.
The authorities said Major. Abdulwali Saleh Al-Nihmi, security director in the Thi Naem district, and his bodyguard, Adnan Ahmed Saeed Al-Qubati, were killed in the Haid Al-Sama’a. “They were ambushed. The gunmen opened fire at their patrol and ran away,” an official in Sanaa told the Yemen Post.
The incident came days after the authorities in Baidha, in central Yemen, announced the militants had left the Manaseeh area, part of the Rada city, under a tribal mediation that stopped a military campaign which was dispatched to drive the militants out of the area and release three Europeans.
The two Finns and Austrian were kidnapped in Sanaa in December and were said to have been handed to Al-Qaeda-linked militants in this province.
They are still detained and earlier today the Austrian appeared in a videotape appealing his country to release him. Also, Al-Qaeda is still detaining other foreigners including the Saudi deputy consul, Al-Khalidi, who was abducted near his house in Aden early last year.
Media quoted security officials in Baidha as blaming Al-Qaeda for the attack.
Tens of military and security chiefs and officers, mostly intelligence detectives, have been assassinated in key parts of the republic including the capital Sanaa since last year.
Many others escaped death and others were hurt in failed plots.
The assassinations, mostly by unknown attackers using motorbikes, come amid alarming security disorder at a time when the country is struggling to return the situation to normal under a West-backed power-transfer deal which was brokered by the GCC after the 2011 unrest.
 

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Families flee homes in Yemen capital as bodies of soldiers lay on roads
U.N. sanctions committee on alert amid intensifying violence in Yemen
Battles between Yemeni forces, Zaidi militants expand amid talks
Yemeni female, Arwa Othman, wins Alison Des Forges Award
Yemen police arrest two kids promoting hashish at wedding party
Yemen launches "implement dialog's outcomes" campaign
Zaidi group erects a fifth camp for its militants outside Yemen capital
Hadi: All Yemenis look forward to end to crisis
UN Advisor in new effort to end Yemen crisis
Is a Houthi & Al Qaeda war next in Yemen?
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Families flee homes in Yemen capital as bodies of soldiers lay on roads
 U.N. sanctions committee on alert amid intensifying violence in Yemen
 WB gives Yemen $3 million to develop higher education quality
 Battles between Yemeni forces, Zaidi militants expand amid talks
 Yemeni female, Arwa Othman, wins Alison Des Forges Award
 Yemen police arrest two kids promoting hashish at wedding party
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink