At least 3 civilians were killed and eight others injured after Houthi forces fired rockets on populated areas in Yemen's province of Taiz on Sunday, local medial sources said, as battles between the government and Houthi forces continued.
The government forces and popular resistance have been mobilizing for days as the offensive to drive the Houthis out of the province is continuing.
Meanwhile, Human Rights Watch accused the Houthi forces of restricting food and medical supplies for civilians in Taiz. In a statement today, HRW said: "confiscating goods necessary for the survival of the civilian population and blocking humanitarian aid are serious violations of international humanitarian law".
Last week, an aid convoy from the World Food Program could enter some areas amid a nine-month siege by the Houthi militants around Taiz. The siege was imposed as a war tactic when the battles started in May.
Organizations and local authorities have also accused the Houthis of indiscriminate attacks on Yemen's most densely populated province killing and injuring scores of civilians.
"The Houthis are denying necessities to residents of Taiz because they happen to be living in areas that opposition forces control," said Joe Stork, deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. "Seizing property from civilians is already unlawful, but taking their food and medical supplies is simply cruel," he said.
Locals say soldiers and militants at Houthi checkpoints including those at the entry gates to the province are confiscating commodities including foods, water, fuels and medicines preventing people from bringing them into midtown.
The ground fighting also has been preventing aid agencies from helping the affected people.
Local and international organizations have been calling for an end to the blockade on Taiz affecting more than 300.000 people.
On the other hand, Yemen has been suffering from a blockade on all sea, land and air routes which was imposed by the Saudi-led coalition as part of the military intervention.
The military intervention was launched in late March and has deepened the humanitarian catastrophe as UN said around 80% of the total population now need basic aid.
International organizations have been criticizing the coalition-imposed blockade saying it is a serious violation of international humanitarian law